Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sticky Moments

My Mum gave me some very useful advice the day before my wedding day.

This pearl of wisdom has helped me out on several occasions since, as I attend to my wifely duties:

Eucalyptus Oil is great at getting gunk off stuff.

So, let me rewind to the day before I got married.  We were preparing the reception room and found that some of the coffee jars I had set aside for candles had glue and label residue.  Mum came to the rescue - after stocking up on eucalyptus oil, we left her with the jars to do her magic.  Mum came through - providing sparkling jars for our tables.




Since then I have used eucalyptus oil to clean the outer surface of preserve jars.  For example, I gave cherry jam as gifts last Christmas.  The jars had all been used before, washed and then sterilised.  However, the labels stayed on.  Over a sink of hot soapy water, I scrubbed the jars and applied the oil with a cloth.  Not only did my nasal cavities feel clear, the jars sparkled.  I now also use eucalyptus oil for washing wood floors and the bathroom.

There is so much we can learn from our elders, and yet sometimes we don't appreciate it because it is coming from OUR elders.

Please share some advice that has gotten you out of a sticky situation.




1 comment:

  1. My Dad said to me "Money won't buy you happiness, but it will make your miserable life easier to bear!"

    ReplyDelete